Camel & Trek around Mt Sinai
Find the beauty of the Sinai mountains, hiking or climbing through the highest area in Sinai, with highs from 2205m Gable Abu Gassab, 2285m Gable Mt Sinai and 2389m Jebel Abas. If you are lucky you will be able to swim in natural pools and combine eco tourism with cultural sites discovering the traces of early monastic life in the area.
- Day 1: Transfer from Sharm El Seik airport to Dahab, overnight in hotel.
- Day 2: Depart by minibus towards Mount Sinai. Meet up with Camels and begin our tour towards the ridges of Abu Jiffa
- Day 3: Ascent of Mt Abu Gassab (2205m), the summit of the Jebel Bab range, with a breathtaking view over South Sinai. Picnic in the vicinity of the Ain Nagila spring. We pass a settlement dating from the Byzantine time period, descent into the “Farsh al Rumman" the valley of pomegranates – where we will spend the night.
- Day 4: Walk through the Wadi al Tala canyon, from one spring to the next, with the possibility of swimming in a natural pool. We climb the Markha ridge and then cross the Farsh Markha and the Farsh Umm Silla Valleys to arrive at our evening camp in the gardens of Wadi Tweita.
- Day 5: following the Wadi Tinia we cross the Shekeria ridge before we climb the Jebel Abbas Basha (2389m), the highest peak on our trip. Descent towards the Farsh Abu Mahashour Valley, where we see many Byzantine relics. On the Wadi Shag, spending the night near Harazat Ash-Shag.
- Day 6: we trek along the deep Wadi Ahmar gorges. Optional climb of Jebel Ahmar (2318m). Descending we reach Wadi Al Arbaiin and pass the olive groves of St. Catherine’s Monastery until we reach the slopes of Jebel Safsafa, where we will find traces on an early monastic lifestyle. We spend the night in the vicinity of the Elias Cave.
- Day 7: An early morning climb up Mount Sinai (2285m) to experience the sunrise from the summit. After descending we visit the famous St. Catherine’s Monastery. We return to Dahab by minibus, where there is still time to enjoy a relaxing swim in the sea. Overnight in the hotel.
- Day 8: Transfer to airport. Return flight.
This tour can be adapted to suit individual requirements and may vary from the set program depending on the guide, group and climatic conditions.
Groups who wish to arrange their own custom planned safaris, contact us with group size and preferred itinerary for a quotation.
Should not be done during the hottest season (july and august).